What We Do
- South Howell County Ambulance provides 911 dispatched emergency and non-emergency transport services to the residence and visitors within our 500 square mile district.
- We have mutual aid agreements with Willow Springs, Ozark County, Oregon County, and Mt. View/Birch Tree Ambulance districts.
- We are modeled to staff four, (4) 24 hour a day Paramedic/EMT teamed ambulances responding from one modern station located central to our District.
- We have seven Advanced Life Support equipped ambulances and two wheelchair/stretcher vans for non-emergency transport (see here)
- We provide single EMT or Paramedic coverage of sporting events for Missouri State University Grizzlies volleyball/basketball programs along with other Civic Center events, and ALS unit standby for West Plains High School football games, West Plains Speedway, local rodeos and other events.
- Our full-time Education Department offers, EMT, Paramedic, 1st Responder, CPR, ACLS, PALS, AMLS, GEMS, PHTLS, RSI, 12 Lead, Basic and Advanced Dysrhythmias and other classes.
- The station underwent a nearly 1 million dollar expansion renovation completed December 2007.
Daily average thru July 9, 2012 Clinical Operations 13.1 per 24 hour shift
Medical Transport Operations 10.1 per 24 hour day